Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hello to all

Sister Molen has been so busy that she has been unable to send us an email to include on this blog.
I have accumalated random thoughts from her emails to family to bring everyone up to date.
Summary, she has been on the move again and has found yet another great adventure waiting for her.
Enjoy!

July 28, 2014

Hello!
Well, I am transferring.
Again.
Wooo!!!
And I am in LOVE with Kawasaki. I really do not want to leave. But,
yesterday at church, I was sitting in sacrament meeting, and I had the
strangest feeling I would be leaving. And I had peace.
So when the call came, I was not too surprised. I WAS shocked that my
companion was also transferring out. I will miss the people here more
than I can say, but I know this will be good for us.
So I'm transferring.
That's not the weird part.
I am going to a place called Yokota, andI will be serving an only
English speaking mission. (well, as much as you can get in Japan) I
will be serving in a military ward, and I am to help people by finding
them, teaching them, and preparing them to be baptized ONLY in
English.
 That is a very interesting principle. To be honest, I am not quite sure
how to do that. I will still talk to everyone I see about the church,
but I will be focusing on speaking English.
My companion is going to Odawara-one of the most beautiful places I
 have ever seen. I will miss Sister R a whole lot, but I know her
new companions, and they will help her out a lot.
 So when I received the information regarding my transfer call, i was
told to go, to build up this English ward, and to "work like crazy".
I can do that.
In other news, we had a Music Festival this weekend. it was so much
fun! Mt friends were able to feel the Spirit very strongly and I
watched them grow.
 Kawasaki is growing. I am so happy. I hope and pray all will go well here.
Well, off to packing (again.) I find that packing gets easier, but
leaving does not. It is one thing to fold up shirts you wear all day
and another to tuck away your life and move forward to another one.
But I know I will never truly leave the people here. i hope to stay in
contact with them for a long time. A part of me will remain in
Kawasaki.
I know this is what God wants me to do. This is His plan. As much as I
want to say this is my mission, i know it is not. This is God's
mission. I am grateful for it.
And I feel very strongly there are reasons He wants me to serve in Yokota.
 So I will go. And I am absolutely
excited! :D
This was an interesting entry. But I am so grateful to be a missionary.
I hope you are all doing well.
愛しています
モレン姉妹



August 4, 2014

I am assigned to a military ward, and I am asked to bring people to church. Missionaries used to be in charge of both the Japanese and English ward, but this is the first transfer they are splitting the two-so I am only with the English speakers. And we are not allowed to proselyte on base. We cannot even wear our nametags. So all work will be through members. 

August 11, 2014

I am doing good. :) I have forgotten a lot of American table manners, though, so it is interesting to eat with them. There is a golden investigator here who is only waiting to turn 18 to be baptized. And we met her Mom today and was able to build a great relationship with her.
We are having an adventure on base, too. We ate dinner with a member whose friend wants to learn about church. So we will be praying for them.


August 18, 2014

God has us here for a reason.  I am determined to try must best to follow Him.  I am over my half way point now.  That is weird but I am trying my best. The Book of Mormon is true, so everything will work out fine.  Japanese class went very well, our ward is very good and we have a busy schedule this week.  My companion is awesome, and this work is true.
The Work is not only great but good. Praying for all of you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment