Saturday, November 30, 2013

Whoa!!! I am half way done!!!

BEFORE THE REAL ENTRY: It has occurred multiple times this week that I have sent a letter to friends and then the very next day, received a letter from them. So, Amelia and Steph, those notes were just hello notes and not responses. Responses are coming!

Okay, back to the entry.

And it came to pass that in  the 28th day if the 11th month of the 5th year of the reign of Obama, there was much rejoicing throughout the land.  (IU wish I came up with that one, but another shimai did)

So, Thanksgiving in the MTC is amazing! Thanksgiving and birthday in the MTC is amazing!

We had Russell M. Nelson and his adorable wife speak to us that morning. It was so awesome! He is a totally normal guy who is going by the Spirit on everything (aren't we all) We keep hearing about being more confident, which is something I need to work on- boldly proclaiming the Gospel and not worrying about my Japanese so much.

Speaking of Japanese, it is going rather well. If you take it one day at a time and trying to learn as much as possible and pray with all you got, then it turns out very very very well. Although, FUN fact, we received emails from the senkyoshi who just left for Nihon and...are you ready?.... one of their gaijin trainers has been out for 5 months and has trained 3 people. That is in the Kobe mission, but we have heard that is quite common in Japan as a whole due to the lack of sister missionaries. I am praying my face off.
So, we had a turkey lunch, then all walked to the Temple as a District. I love my district so MUCH! As long as no one starts quoting "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" we all stay very focused. It was so peaceful to be at the Temple and to feel peace there. Not just "ohmygoodness I am in the outside world" peace, but just... it's indescribable to those who haven't felt it and to those who have felt it cannot express it. And, if I may be so bold, I believe we have all felt God in our lives. So, then we came back and I distributed the old man cakes according to personality. It was very fun. We then had sack dinners (so employees could go have dinner with their families), did a HUGE service project! I bagged lentils. I am very talented at that. Actually, I will add that to my list of talents:

1.Making lists
2. Finding my own talents
3.Bagging lentils



So that was very rewarding. We did it for kids in Utah who don't have food over the weekend. 

Then we watched the film "Ephraim's Rescue"- as if 17 Miracles didn’t make you CRY ENOUGH. Seriously, it was bad. Dansie Shimai had to put up with me complaining about people dying it in the movie for the rest of the night.

But she is so awesome! She asked what our family did for Birthday traditions, and I let the one about the Birthday fairy slips. So, that night, she put a note on the floor and spread packages of candy all over it so when I woke up in the morning, it was there! She is so cool! I would like to be more like her.



That was my birthday/thanksgiving. Everyone was very nice. I hope everyone's thanksgiving was very good. And I am glad so much family was able to come down for thanksgiving weekend.

So, for the rest of the week...OH! Yesterday, to unstress ourselves, we learned how to say this:

"So, doyatte dōbutsu ni taberu koto mitai desu ka?" "chakaii mitte kudasai."
 (Hey, do you want to see how animals eat their food? Watch closely.) Yes, it did make our days. It was wonderful!

The language is an adventure. We had a sensei who is Nihonjin say to use that Japanese is hard. But i think that's apart of the point. We are asked to do very heard things so we can grow. And I want nothing more than to be over there telling people about the Gospel. And how they don't have to be sad.

Well, sorry this entry is a little everywhere. But I am so grateful to be in the MTC and doing this. I know this is what I am supposed to be doing.

Ya'll are awesome! ai shite masu!

Molen Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment