Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hello my wonderful party people!
I sincerely hope you are enjoying life- because life it worth
enjoying. I figure it is one of the many gifts God gives to us, and
its is one we should never take for granted.

As for me... right now I am sitting in a church, having just finished
a little lunch, with a plan to go to Yamate after this. (Woot! Old
stomping ground)

This last week was an...adventure. But, hey, crazy days leads to
growth. And growth leads to good change. And good change leads to joy.
This week one of my very dear friends joined the Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter day Saints. She is probably the sweetest person I
 have ever met in my life. She is 87 years old, and I had the absolute
 privilege to teach her the first few lessons. Knowing her and how
wonderful she is, I feel kinda unworthy to say that-because I know I
didn't teach perfectly. But I know that, because God exists and He is
with His missionaries, she felt the Spirit. And that is who truly
taught her.

This week my companion and I also came down with something. It might
have been the weather, the fact we were so busy earlier this week, or
we ate something bad and we became sick. I recovered quickly, but I
felt so bad for my companion because hers was so much slower. And she
tried her best to get well, because I knew she wanted me to be able to
go to the baptism.
But I was NOT going to let her to go into the rain with a fever. I
told her I had already missed two weddings- I was going to be fine
missing a baptism.

 So, as we sat in the apartment at 1:30 pm on Saturday, as I looked out
the rainy window, imagining I could see the church building, a
question came to my mind,
"Why? Why does God have things like this happen?"
 And I was reminded, ever so poignantly, once again, that this is the
Lord's work. Not mine. It is His plan. not mine.
We may not ever physically see the effect our good actions will have
in others lives. we may never see the result of our kind words or
actions. But we need to trust that, even though we may not see it, it
does happen. We need to trust God and those we help.
 I am so grateful to be able to dedicate a little bit of my life
 helping people learn about the most important thing they ever could.
And serving them and God in that way.

 And yes, my companion is now feeling better! Even though she refuses
to eat fish. It's a good thing she likes rice...
 I think Sister R is awesome. She inspires me everyday.

I love Japan. I love the Japanese people. I don't really love Manga
 (because I don't know it), but everything else is pretty awesome here.

Keep strong. have fun. And reach out to someone this week.

愛しています
モレン姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment