Monday, May 18, 2015

Old things are done away- all things become new

Well, here we are.
This last week was the opposite of boring. I told my companion,"You
know, I think my last week will be a little bit quieter than usual."
...
SO, this week was awesome. After climbing the hill to her house
several times, our friend Miho finally finished her lessons to
prepare for baptism. And on her 29th birthday, she decided to join the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.
She taught me so much. I think she can teach everyone a lot about
life. She is a very simple lady who lives a simple life. And, even
though she has had many mountains to climb in her life, she has stayed
positive. She has taught me that every scar we have had can eventually
one day be healed. And that they do fade. But, it is only through
Christ does that happen. We have seen this woman completely understand
the Gospel (something she had NEVER heard about before) within a month
and a half. And she has every intention to endure to the end. Sister
M and I feel like we were sent here for Miho.


And then the next day...all the elders were acting weird at District
Meeting. So, I complained to Sister M ALL day about how I thought
the elders were going to throw a surprise farewell party. I even tried
using my lie detecting skills on her (didn't work. That was a waste of
3 credits) That night we had a lesson with Kanae- one of my favorite
people. We hadn't met with her for a long time, and we both went into
the lesson expecting her to drop us. She surprised us by asking us
about baptism and said she wanted to receive it. That was pretty cool!
After that we went to the third floor for game night which was.......a
surprise party! But not just ANY surprise party- a surprise birthday
party. Because, it was my birthday (not really. It was because all of
the cheap stuff was birthday themed). It was really sweet...and I
didn't know how to react.



Yesterday, we had tacos, some weird British dish, and a whole bunch of
rolls. Saying goodbye to the members was very, very hard. Saying
goodbye to everyone is hard. I don't think I can bring all of myself
home. Some of me will always be here.

I am excited about the new adventure, though. God plans things for our
lives that we would never expect.

Here in Japan, one of the most agnostic countries in the world, I have
come to to know my Savior. I have come to see my friends to discover a
God they didn't know was there. And for them to find that He was
really familiar all along.

I will continue this blog. In the words of one of my Ward Mission
Leaders, "You will be a dork." the other, "You are going to be really
weird." We will see what happens.

The Book of Mormon is true. Seriously. And by true I mean legit, real,
actually God's word, cool, never-failing, ever-helping, awesome blue
book. And I thank God for it.

See you all soon.
Love
モレン姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment