Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hello everyone!
This week was full of magic. And by magic, I mean wonderful wind, cool
高校せ, and sassy splits!
So, yesterday was a very blustery day. And by blustery I mean it was
freezing! But I absolutely loved it! 山手 is famous for their sakura
blossoms, which have started to appear here and there in the past few
weeks. I am very excited!
We met with some of our friends this week, who I will call 田中 and 山下!
They are the cutest High school students in the world! I love them so
much! We gave both of them the most precious thing we own (Book of
Mormon) and are inviting them to church activities.
Missionary work here is quite interesting. People here have very
little, if any knowledge, of religious things. So when we say we are
missionaries, they think of blood, crosses, and people taking their
money. Our job is to show what it actually is-and we do a lot of that
through service. And when people have friends that are members of the
church or as they get to know the missionaries better, they see a
light. And then, when we talk about the Gospel and the fact that it
makes us happy, they understand. because they see the light that is in
us.
I went on splits to Yokosuka on Friday with Maloy姉妹! She has been out
for a few weeks, so we had a ball. (she took Captain America in the
MTC, but that is a different story.)


So, we went to go housing(I think she means tracting -hermom) for her first time. And she said she heard of a method where you praying and then go by doors until you feel one is right. So I said, "Yeah, okay". And we did. And we found a door and she said it felt right. So she knocked on it. No one was home. Then we
just did the one to the left, because we felt like we should. A
teenage boy answered the door (we were by an American Military base,
so this was in English.) And we stood there for a moment before I
left the words come out, "We are missionaries and we prayed to know
which house God wanted us to go to tonight and we felt something about
this one." Awkward pause...., "Have you ever thought about God?"
"Um, actually, yeah. I want to go to a church, but due to my situation I can't."
Maloy姉妹, "I know that God loves you. And you are literally His son.
And He wants you to be happy, so he sent us."
He was so cool! We gave Him the Book of Mormon and talked to him some
more. I wish I could know what is happening!
I know God loves absolutely everyone. Even the ones that aren't
listening for Him. He loves us all, so that is why we have the Gospel.
That is why I am His missionary.

Love you all!

モレン姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment